Our client was a world-leading food manufacturing company. Their product master data constantly requires regular improving and updating. Data about numerous product properties are required, such as packaging, weight, dimensions, shelf-life, pricing, allergens, bar codes, and much more. An additional challenge is that, in a fast-paced market, this information is constantly changing, especially as new products are introduced and others discontinued.
- A reliable system that manages detailed product master data.
- Good control and accuracy of the information presented to customers.
Before asking Progrex to develop a tailor-made system, maintaining of information largely depended on one person, which was risky. Communication was based on emails and spreadsheets, making audit trails difficult and increasing the likelihood of errors.
- User-friendly interface that reduces likelihood of errors, including of omission.
- In certain cases, specific people are updated when changes are being made, ensuring oversight and accountability.
- Specific teams are automatically updated of product changes, quickly triggering actions in line with that change.
- A reliable audit trail of changes made, ensuring compliance with food manufacturing regulations.
“Our user-feedback has been amazingly good and positive with people generally thinking the system not only looks really smart but also that it is very user friendly, well thought out and a huge improvement and time saver compared to our old processes. Thank you for all your work and efforts in making this happen, it’s been great to launch the eApp to such great feedback.”
- Developed a solution that handles creating new products separately from the process of changing existing products.
- Allowed for products to be split into groups, since not all products require the same set of information to be maintained.
- Allowed various teams to manage their own set of information about a product, as not all properties are maintained by the same team.
- Product property changes trigger the requirement for other properties to be changed. This is because when certain product properties are changed, it can have an impact on other properties.
- When certain product properties are changed other teams are made aware, depending on the type of product and property.
- Changing certain properties require the approval of management or other roles, depending on the type of property.
- When a new product is created, the business does not have to wait for the full set of information to be populated before it can start working on the product. This will improve efficiency.
- The solution provides a product change history, as well as detailed audit information and reporting.
- As properties keep changing, an administrator ise able to maintain these properties without the need of software redesign.
- Some properties are more complex than just a value. They may consist of a set of values and some relational logic may be required. The system caters for this.
- The solution integrates with the organisation’s ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) systems.